Post Processors not popping up

Discussion of post processors for various CNC machines

Post Processors not popping up

Postby kshoneck123 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:00 pm

After i have set the tool path and everything like that i go to save the G code and nothing shows up on the "Save as type" drop down menu. This is were i would usually save it as "Basic-G Code or Mach 3". What do i have to do to get those Post Processor options available so i can save it?
kshoneck123

Re: Post Processors not popping up

Postby Randy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi kshoneck123, and welcome to the forum. If you have a regular MeshCAM license, you should get the pulldown to select the postprocessor. If you have a Carbide license, you'll be locked into the Carbide3D postprocessor. Which is your license type?

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Postby kshoneck123 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:45 pm

We have a regular meshcam license so I don't know what's wrong because the only the that comes down in the drop down menu to save it as is "Toolpath Settings" (*tps). :?:
kshoneck123

Postby Randy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:10 pm

Oh! It sounds like you are clicking on Save Settings.

savesettings.png
savesettings.png (67.93 KiB) Viewed 818 times

That just saves the toolpath settings and not the gcode. You will not have a pulldown for that. That is so you can load a different model later and apply the same settings to it.

After you click OK to calculate the toolpaths and go to save them you should get a dialog like this when you choose file type with the standard MeshCAM license

Meshcam-license.png
Meshcam-license.png (156.1 KiB) Viewed 818 times

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Postby kshoneck123 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:42 pm

Now that I have the g code saved I'm having trouble being able to take that file and put it on a different computer that controls my probotix CNC router. I tried to transfer it via flash drive but when I put the flash drive in the computer that controls the CNC router the file doesn't show up. I was wondering if your familiar with the probotix CNC routers and if you have any information that could help me with this step in the process?
kshoneck123

Postby cnczane » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:37 pm

I can say that I worked on a machine once that would ONLY look for G-code in ONE SPECIFIC place; it wouldn't look around. It was too stupid to know there might be other places.

In that case, I had to copy the programs I wanted it to see into the place it wanted to look.

Cheers!
If you have not received a reply from me in over a year, I am not ignoing you: more likely I am fallen asleep under a tree. Again. Please poke me if you think it worth your trouble.
cnczane

Return to Post Processors