vic cam

Discussion of post processors for various CNC machines

vic cam

Postby gstewartjr » Fri May 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Hello,
I have meshcam pro. The maker place in SD had a Tormach and Vic Cam Router - 3 axis. I didn't see Vic Cam in the post processor. Is there a compatible post processor I can use? or what is my best approach? I'm not overly familiar with specific G-Codes, but I know how to edit G-Code files having used Delta-Tau PMAC before. Thanks for any advice.
BR,
-Greg
gstewartjr

Re: vic cam

Postby Randy » Fri May 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Hi Greg, and welcome to the forum. Do you have a sample gcode file that the Viccam has run successfully? And does the machine have any kind of auto tool changer or quick-change tool holders with a tool table in the controller or how does it accommodate tool changes? If you know the model of the machine that would be great because I could look for a manual that might have a description of the gcodes it accepts.

EDIT: I found a picture of the router. That's a big one. Looking at the MakerPlace website, it looks like you would learn a lot about what the router needs in the Vcarve Pro class on June 2. That seems to be a requirement for running the Viccam anyway, and you could probably bring up MeshCAM then too.

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Return to Post Processors