Pieces carved with MeshCAM Art

Gallery of projects completed with MeshCAM

Pieces carved with MeshCAM Art

Postby AdPrinter » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:00 am

Here are some of the pieces I have carved using MeshCAM Art. This software is amazing in all that it does!
Pallet.jpg
Pallet
Pallet.jpg (97.77 KiB) Viewed 9249 times

Grapes.jpg
Grapes
Grapes.jpg (106.88 KiB) Viewed 9249 times

Pumpkin.jpg
Pumpkin
Pumpkin.jpg (109.76 KiB) Viewed 9249 times
AdPrinter

Re: Pieces carved with MeshCAM Art

Postby jeffD » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:10 pm

AdPrinter,

Very nice, I haven't have great success with Art, but still keep trying. I think my expectations are off. Either not enough control or so damned much data that this dumb box augers in.

BTW, you do have a name your folks gave you. We tend to like talking to real people here.

jeffD
I have no financial interests in MeshCam. Nothing I say here has had any approval from MC. Any errors or omissions are mine alone. Use at your own risk.
jeffD

Postby Randy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:38 pm

Very nice carvings, AdPrinter! I especially like the grapes (being in Northern California's wine country...)

Jeff, Carnak the Magnificent says that AdPrinter's name is either Robot or Mike. :D

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Postby AdPrinter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:31 am

Hi all,
Sorry. I forgot that my username is not necessarily my name- It's Michael. All of the artwork was created in CorelDRAW X3, and exported as a 100 dpi PNG file for import into MeshCAM Art. The Grapes image you see, (in particular) is the end result of many FAILED attempts while learning how to use MC Art. Which I was finally able to accomplish, once I realized that I needed to manually record all height data entries, so that I could establish a common frame of reference for later editing the results. (After carving many strange-looking attempts, and breaking bits due to full-depth plunges). Took me awhile to comprehend it all. I still do not claim to "know it all" about the software. But I have learned just enough to be dangerous. I actually wrote a book on the experience, still waiting to see if Robert is going to post it on the forum. Later,-Michael
AdPrinter

Postby jeffD » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Michael,

Thanks very much for your name.Use it in your signature so that we don't forget. Not much really upsets me but the name stuff really pushes me over the edge. :mrgreen:

You are doing very well with Art to get your usable results. I'm still playing, I know what I want and also think the program will do it almost quick and easy, but no joy yet. I suspect I have to learn to do more with the initial bitmap software something which really scares me as a 3D type
I have no financial interests in MeshCam. Nothing I say here has had any approval from MC. Any errors or omissions are mine alone. Use at your own risk.
jeffD

Return to Gallery