Z setup up

General MeshCAM Art Questions

Re: Z setup up

Postby Randy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Welcome to the forum, vadude. My license doesn't include MeshCAM Art, but I do machine bitmaps with regular MeshCAM.

If you load "fuzzydots.bmp" for instance with "Black is Z+", the machining origin is at the bottom of the geometry, which is what MeshCAM considers the geometry zero. If you go into CAM | Set Program Zero you can set the vertical offset to the top of the geometry. That will make all the machining Z coordinates negative.

If it is something other than this, we'll still sort it out together.

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Postby DaemonPix » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:08 pm

I am having a bit of trouble getting the Z axis to invert and stay inverted. I tried the instructions below and exported my toolpath to NC file but its raising the Z axis in the positive direction instead. We are cutting aluminum that is 1/16 thick. I opened the NC file in a text editor and the Z axis commands are not set as a negative number. Can you please help me get through this?

Currently evaluating MeshCam to see if it will fit our needs. Using a Macbook Pro (recent OS) with Meshcam 6 build 22. So far I like the software as its easy to pick up and use with no experience.

Damion
DaemonPix

Postby Randy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:07 am

Hi Damion, and welcome to the forum. If you set the Program Zero to the top of the stock, all machining Z moves will be negative. You are not seeing this?

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Return to General