error in g code

Postby stmarks76@msn.com » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:30 pm

cncUSB

tool number invalid (95)
line 7-m6 T1
stmarks76@msn.com

Re: error in g code

Postby Randy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:43 am

Hi stmarks76, and welcome to the forum. I'm not familiar with CNCUSB, but Googling your error message brought up the page http://www.planet-cnc.com/faq/tool_change/ where it looks like you need to set up CNCUSB to work with tool changes.

If you are using a single tool and will not change it between roughing and finishing, you could edit the gcode with a text editor and remove the M6 T1 line. Just load your cutter, touch and/or reference the cutter to your stock to set the zeros, and run the gcode.

If neither of those solve your problem, write back and we'll work through it.

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Postby stmarks76@msn.com » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:50 pm

I am enjoying your program.
However, I believe many of us use basic equipment w/out tool change.
Is it possible for you to change the syntax?
Also: The home command at the end of the routine could be helpful.
Thanks,
Jerry
stmarks76@msn.com

Postby stmarks76@msn.com » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:50 pm

From Planet
This seems to work.

You can use option "Use Default Tool" in settings: File/Settings/Tool Change/Use Default Tool
or you can insert Tool 2 (T2) into tool table: File/Settings/Tool Table

Now, one last issue. Homing to zero.
(G00 X0.00000 Y0.00000)

Thanks,
Jerry
stmarks76@msn.com

Postby Randy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:06 am

Jerry, that is good that you worked out the tool issue. There is not a CAM program I know of that does not define the tool you are using, so wherever you would get gcode it will have at least one M6 Tn command in it.

What postprocessor are you using? The postprocessor is just a text file that tells MeshCAM how to format the gcode. It is very easy to edit the postprocessor you are using to add a canned homing command at the end, which it will write into the gcode. Be sure you add a Z retract to make sure the tool is high enough before you zoom it sideways! :) On my Tormach post I have a command to raise the tool up to the toolchange position at the end of the run.

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Return to General