Bobblehead

Gallery of projects completed with MeshCAM

Bobblehead

Postby Scott » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:38 am

Here is another project that I think is interesting. This was make with MeshCAM two sided machining. I used pins to keep the sides aligned (shown briefly in the YouTube Video) I used Parallel roughing, Cut X then Y Finishing, Waterline finishing and Pencil cleanup. I was trying a lot of things out when I was making this one. Finish cuts were made with a 1/8 inch ball endmill.

YouTube Clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mOEWqWImBg

meshcam_post.JPG
Bobblehead
meshcam_post.JPG (26.38 KiB) Viewed 6479 times
Scott

Re: Bobblehead

Postby Randy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:57 am

Scott, that is really impressive. To me, that's an unexpected level of detail from a 1/8" ball-end given the size of the head (it looks like it can't be more than 2 inches tall). Thank you for posting both the video and results. I do want to see your next video "How to hack a garage door opener into a 3D scanner" though... :)

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Postby boltz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Hey where is that video, I couldn't find it?

-Jim Hart

Randy wrote: I do want to see your next video "How to hack a garage door opener into a 3D scanner" though... :)

Randy
boltz

Postby Scott » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Here is another link:

BOBBLEHEAD VIDEO (YouTube)

The link in my previous post is just above the picture.

Scott
Scott

Postby Randy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:02 am

boltz wrote:Hey where is that video, I couldn't find it?

That was a little joke (far too little, it seems :oops: )--I noticed that Scott mounted the rotating scanner mechanism to the side of the garage door opener. It is a clever inversion--the previous fan-laser-based scanners I've seen are much smaller, with the laser mounted stationary and the scanned object placed on a turntable (or, for head scanning, a chair was placed on a larger turntable).

I'm sorry for causing confusion...

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Return to Gallery