First MeshCAM Part

Gallery of projects completed with MeshCAM

First MeshCAM Part

Postby Gerry » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:00 pm

Cut my first part using MeshCAM yesterday. Just a test piece to see if I could do it. It's small, 6" tall. Some scrap pine. I was a little too aggressive with the roughing, and got some small chipping in a few spots.

Model was rotated in AutoCAD and saves in 4 positions, then used MeshCAM to create code for each of the four sides. Miraculously, they all lined up perfectly.

Spiral 006.jpg
Spiral 006.jpg (372.8 KiB) Viewed 6076 times
Gerry

Re: First MeshCAM Part

Postby Randy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:20 pm

That is awesome, Gerry! It looks like something that would need an active 4th axis. What a great demonstration of not only MeshCAM, but your skill in using it creatively. First part, huh? Makes me eager to see the next part! :)

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Re: First MeshCAM Part

Postby robgrz » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:48 pm

Nice work Gerry. I know the feeling of wondering if everything will line up when I'm done machining (let's just say I'm a better engineer than machinist). It's always a relief to be done.

-Robert
robgrz
Site Admin

Return to Gallery