Wooden rock climbing holds - www.OakStoneHolds.com

Gallery of projects completed with MeshCAM

Wooden rock climbing holds - www.OakStoneHolds.com

Postby WilliamMische » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:58 pm

I started a small business where I build Wooden Rock Climbing holds (http://www.oakstoneholds.com) . I'm using Meshcam because it was the only software that made financial sense for me.

I've been able to easily mill my holds using MeshCAM.

hangboards.jpg
hangboards.jpg (337.3 KiB) Viewed 2188 times

crimps.jpg
crimps.jpg (268.88 KiB) Viewed 2188 times

slopers.jpg
slopers.jpg (278.73 KiB) Viewed 2188 times

I use Rhino for my CAD, then MeshCAM and I have a Laguna IQ ( do not recommend the Laguna brand )

My laguna works well after I modified the Z-axis I had to add some tension springs because the head drifts downwards after multiple hours of machining.
WilliamMische

Re: Wooden rock climbing holds - www.OakStoneHolds.com

Postby Randy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:07 pm

Hello WilliamMische, and welcome to the forum. What a great use of MeshCAM. Thank you for sharing the photos. It looks like you are deliberately leaving the finishing toolmarks to provide small-scale texture?

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Re: Wooden rock climbing holds - www.OakStoneHolds.com

Postby WilliamMische » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:31 pm

Thanks Randy, there are a lot of great looking projects on this forum. You are right about the texture I found that people actually liked that micro texture for a little extra grip. I just played with the stepover untill it felt good.
WilliamMische

Return to Gallery