Features make or break - V7

General MeshCAM Questions

Features make or break - V7

Postby larynx » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Ok, first of all, yes, the main feature is to be accurate with the settings chosen. That stated I have a request - anyone else?

I would not only like to see the cut menu redone per previous emails, but6 would like to see in that "consolidated cut menu" I keep talking about an option to set the cut depth SEPARATELY for the rough and finish operations.

I often have roughing go short of full cutout, only to finish full depth - usually with a different bit, or use the finish waterline/pencil operation to "final outline cut"

I like leaving a thinner base for final cut - ESPECIALLY in WOOD to "solidify" my part and keep it from changing more than than required - wood once cut can slightly change shape or be more flexible - the remaining "skin" allows it to more solidly fixed.

So it would look like the image more or less and the depths would default to the "main set depth" unless changed in this menu

I may be asking for a lot - but then again not if they are separate and I can run them separately anyway - just more work today than tomorrow I hope
Attachments
grforum.jpg
grforum.jpg (99.36 KiB) Viewed 83 times
I am not aligned with nor do I have any relationship with MeshCAM or its staff other than being a user [that sounds a little like I have a dependency problem]
larynx

Re: Features make or break - V7

Postby joseph » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:21 am

I think v6 is as good as it's gonna get-
I can't make v7 work at all on a mac-

I think Robert just ignores what goes on here, he's got other electronics to fry- so good luck with any requests.

Thanks to Randy for the help he gave before he disappeared, don't know what I woulda done without him-
joseph

Re: Features make or break - V7

Postby larynx » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:15 pm

Yeah, sometimes I feel that way too. Double down on Randy.

Rob did explain to me that he was focused on the "Carbide" community first, then would come to us for input. That makes it appear we are second shelf and have very little to say about major changes or requests. After all, if you do everything for everybody else......what do you do for us once it is "baked" so to speak.

I am holding out hope [if that's the proper word] we will get something that helps us, even if it is just what the Carbide followers want, but thinking perhaps he will also, perhaps reads this forum still occasionally.

Either way, I still use version 6 ALMOST exclusively. As stated by myself, I require the import/export of regions and append surfaces. Perhaps nothing will be better for me either. That stated, it is still the most cost effective and usable CAM gcode generator software I have.

Maybe all we can hope for is the tidbits I have read elsewhere - such as we will get ramped entry into material rather than just a straight plunge.

On a good note, I did see a lot of the same requests - interface and other - being "talked" of and wished for on the Carbide and Shaepedo forums - so maybe they are our best supporters. One guy posted a much better thought out and easier to use interface than I including tool comments.
I am not aligned with nor do I have any relationship with MeshCAM or its staff other than being a user [that sounds a little like I have a dependency problem]
larynx

Return to General