Is MeshCAM7 running under Wine? [Ubuntu18.04]

General MeshCAM Questions

Is MeshCAM7 running under Wine? [Ubuntu18.04]

Postby cnczane » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:17 pm

I've been running MeshCAM since I was a mere boy in short pants and for most of the latter period under wine in Ubuntu Linux.

The newest version MeshCAM7 loads fine, after typical installation, but hangs when loading one of the demo files, showing some windows named "Load Image" but those never go away and MC7 never comes down from wherever it's gone off to.

Has anyone got this workgin?
If you have not received a reply from me in over a year, I am not ignoing you: more likely I am fallen asleep under a tree. Again. Please poke me if you think it worth your trouble.
cnczane

Re: Is MeshCAM7 running under Wine? [Ubuntu18.04]

Postby larynx » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:04 pm

I am not running under Linux, but there are several "windows" that open with errors in Windows too. Just throwing that your way - cause several parts of r25 seems to be incomplete - actually gone backwards over the previous version. Must be a few changes that were not anticipated between the earlier release. Best to wait for the next release. I quit using V7 release until the next update due to such issues.
I am not aligned with nor do I have any relationship with MeshCAM or its staff other than being a user [that sounds a little like I have a dependency problem]
larynx

Re: Is MeshCAM7 running under Wine? [Ubuntu18.04]

Postby cnczane » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks, Larynx, very good to know. MC5 and MC6 both run fine. So does, even CutViewer--Mill3.2.
If you have not received a reply from me in over a year, I am not ignoing you: more likely I am fallen asleep under a tree. Again. Please poke me if you think it worth your trouble.
cnczane

Return to General