MeshCAM V7 Build 25 Windows 7 64bit - WORKING ! FILE RUNS

General MeshCAM Questions

MeshCAM V7 Build 25 Windows 7 64bit - WORKING ! FILE RUNS

Postby larynx » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Ok, I went as far as to purchase an HP Deskpro G1 2.5 SFF AND an HP Deskpro G1 400 MT - OLD USED MACHINES - both use Intel i5-4590 series [fourth gen - read] Quad-Core processors and Intel Graphics. They only have 8GB Main memory.

Moral to the story - the file that previously would NOT run now runs. I even put my Nvidia card into the HP and it still runs so it is not the 1050i 4MB video card. What I find id that the Intel Graphics are very close in real world performance [for me] and I do not even require the Nvidia card any longer. This includes panning and zooming levels in Rhino 6.

So, whatever it was - it is no longer an issue for me.

Lastly, I simply took the hard drives out of my other machines, installed them in the HP units, and loaded the drivers for the INtel/HP devices so it IS NOT the OS or installation that was causing issues. Perhaps my antiquated chipsets and AMD processors were the issue. I did drop from 16GB RAM to the 8GB installed in the HP machines as purchased. But what I will comment on is that the i5 with DDR3 versus my old DDR2 still exceeds the performance benchmarks of my old machine with 16GB and the Nvidia card.

Machines cost me less than $200 each on eBay, around $150, and that is cheaper than buying video cards or anything else I contemplated. Guess I am back to all Intel around my neck of the woods.
I am not aligned with nor do I have any relationship with MeshCAM or its staff other than being a user [that sounds a little like I have a dependency problem]
larynx

Re: MeshCAM V7 Build 25 Windows 7 64bit - WORKING ! FILE RUN

Postby larynx » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:13 pm

Yes, I am a little anal about trying to figure out what is what.

That stated - apologies to Rob and MeshCAM - my situation MAY HAVE BEEN unique.

That stated, for the record I am not your average idiot, I am Novell, Microsoft + certified and an old reseller now not in business, also hold a degree in engineering - not the train kind - wish it was :)

That does not mean I am not an idiot in my own manner. I like a good joke even if I am the center of it, post away.

Anyone having the same issue - I suggest a change of machine. Sinking more money into an old one when they can be had cheap with newer components & operating systems installed - licensed - running out of the box is a win-win, my opinion. As such, it may only apply to me and that's fine by me. To each his own. Happy machining to all, and to all a good night.........
I am not aligned with nor do I have any relationship with MeshCAM or its staff other than being a user [that sounds a little like I have a dependency problem]
larynx

Postby larynx » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Hey - runs fast too. Took less than 3 minutes to run a file that used to take 45 minutes in MeshCAM 6.

Sorry, guess I am a little excited..........

Still wish to have the importable dxf machine regions from V5, for now I am trying to modify my cuts by using the APPEND SURFACE - not the same, but.......

Still wish to have a text box for the tools menu to enter comments for jobs that I set tools up for to help identify them. Still wish for the old style menu instead of click, click, click....to get to the option as in the old toolpath V5 window versus V6 where each toolpath must be dome individually - like seeing it all right in from of me to make changes, and to VERIFY I did not error inadvertently.
larynx

Postby larynx » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Lastly, sorry - keep thinking and that can be dangerous - my overall Windows 7 64bit Experience scores are roughly the same as they were before a machine change. 0.2 points more on the processors [and I was Quad core before on the AMD] and about 1.0 points LOWER on the video using the Intel chip graphics without my Nvidia 1050i installed. Either way, still better, still faster.

So the real reason of this post is to offer that I did install the Nvidia 1050i in the new [I keep writing new - these are two used machines out of a corporate environment] machine and really did not notice a difference in MeshCAM or Rhino 6. So I am sticking with the "Intel chipset and processor seems to just work better and more smoothly" statement.

Whereas I used to close all my other programs and even sometimes clean boot [nothing else running or active in Task Manager] to be positive the memory spaces had no "lingering" stubs, as I wrote this I started to run the same file that used to crash - and it just finished with Thunderbird, Firefox and of course MeshCAM running - all is well. So if I can't write this by the time MeshCAM finishes - once again, happy days are here - minus the missing parts I still wish for in the new MeshCAM.

Just trying to provide information so others may use as they see fit.
larynx

Postby larynx » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Yes - I have removed the Nvidia card permanently from my machine. One less driver and component to worry about - no real advantage to me. Same speeds, less power, less heat in the machine. I am using it in another machine that has no video onboard and it [machine] will NOT be used for any CAD or CAM. Just a backup for files and general tasks.
larynx

Return to General