How to reverse image in MeshCam 6

General MeshCAM Questions

How to reverse image in MeshCam 6

Postby Mitch » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:27 pm

I am new to it all.
I have a DXF file representing a gear wheel. When I open it in MeshCam 6 it appears reversed; what should be material is air and so on.
Is there a simple explanation?
Mitch

Re: How to reverse image in MeshCam 6

Postby Randy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi Mitch, and welcome to the forum. MeshCAM extrudes the imported DXF, so if all you have is your shape it will be a positive. Draw a box around the shape (it is most convenient to draw the box to the size of your stock so the shape is automatically placed) and then MC will extrude the material around your shape and leave the shape itself as a hole.

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Postby Mitch » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:19 pm

I am sorry but how to draw a box around my shape in MC?
Mitch

Postby Mitch » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:31 am

Looks like Randy is away. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?
I can not find any info on these anywhere. :!: :?:
Mitch

Postby Randy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Mitch, I'm sorry but I don't have Internet access on the weekend. There are no drawing capabilitites in MeshCAM -- you need to add the bounding box in your CAD program before you export the DXF.

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Return to General