4K laptop/displays and Meshcam DPI problem in Windows

Discussions relating to MeshCAM development

4K laptop/displays and Meshcam DPI problem in Windows

Postby Munk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:09 am

I've come to really enjoy Meshcam now that I understand it more. However, I just placed my CNC mill (Carbide 3D's Nomad 883) next to my laptop with 4K display and discovered that it doesn't scale well. I'm seeing more and more laptops show up that have the 4K display and home PC's with the same. Does anyone know if there are plans to correct DPI scaling issues for Meshcam in the future?

Attached is a screen capture that I down-sized to 1/4 the normal resolution. You will see that the icons are way tiny and that text doesn't fit within boxes.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Meshcam-hi dpi error.jpg
Meshcam-hi dpi error.jpg (105.25 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Munk

Re: 4K laptop/displays and Meshcam DPI problem in Windows

Postby Randy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:33 am

Hi Munk, and welcome to the forum. I'd suggest an email to Rob at MeshCAM support (Rob is MeshCAM) alerting him to the issue (ideally attaching your screenshot). I'm dealing with a couple of UI issues myself in version 6, and chalk it up to some interaction between MeshCAM and my particular video driver.

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Re: 4K laptop/displays and Meshcam DPI problem in Windows

Postby Munk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:17 pm

Hi Randy. Thank you for the warm welcome. I'll go ahead and email him as I'm loving the program and it has been my learning experience on CNC milling to this point. Great program.
Munk

Return to Development