"Cut Viewer has stopped working" message

General CutViewer questions

"Cut Viewer has stopped working" message

Postby mofosheee » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Dear Support....for some reason each time I attempt to run Cutviewer I receive the following message: "Cut Viewer has stopped working" when it had been operating properly previously.

Please advise

Thank you
mofosheee

Re: "Cut Viewer has stopped working" message

Postby Randy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:48 am

Hi Jery, do you have any old gcodes that you know worked with CutViewer previously? If they don't view properly any more, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling CutViewer. That is not a very descriptive message, but in my experience CutViewer has either worked or not. I don't really have any troubleshooting advice...

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Postby mofosheee » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks for responding. Sorry that I couldn't give more information.............because there isn't any.

After I enter tool dimensions etc. I receive the message; "Cutviewer has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a problem is found.
The program had been operating correctly before it decided to stall.

Thank you
mofosheee

Postby Randy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:00 am

Jery, all I can suggest is uninstall and reinstall CutViewer.

You can have MeshCAM add the CutViewer lines automatically by editing your postprocessor file.

In the START section add

Code: Select all
START = "(FILENAME: [FILENAME])"
START = "([CUTVIEWERSTOCK])"

and in the TOOLCHANGE section add:

TOOLCHANGE = "([CUTVIEWERTOOL])"

and that will add the lines that CutViewer needs.

I use Mach3 as my machine controller, and use the tool table so my TOOLCHANGE line is

TOOLCHANGE = "M06 T[T] G43 H[T] ([CUTVIEWERTOOL])"

and that tells Mach to load the description of the new tool from the tool table and compensate the length, as well as telling CutViwer the tool dimensions.

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Postby mofosheee » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:08 am

thank you
mofosheee

Postby Randy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:25 am

You're welcome! Robert is working on adding gcode plotting in V6, with the ultimate goal of plotting two sided and 4th axis jobs, which will be far beyond what CutViewer can do.

Randy
Randy

Postby mofosheee » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Looking forward to it. Before I do my reinstall, one last question..............on my Windows7 computer I went to control panel and did the "uninstall" of Cut Viewer. When I examine my C drive, Program Files(xx86) I still observe that Cutviewer still exists.

Question; do I delete this folder as well? Thank you for your assistance!

Jerry
mofosheee

Postby Randy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:30 pm

I would delete it, Jerry (I'm sorry about the earlier misspelling). CutViewer does seem to save some kind of settings whenever you run it (like an ini file but not named that). So for a clean start yes, delete the whole directory. And when I uninstall programs I also use CCleaner to make sure there are no registry entries remaining. But I don't think that is necessary.

Randy
Randy

Return to General