Trying to get Cutviewer to operate

General CutViewer questions

Trying to get Cutviewer to operate

Postby mofosheee » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:20 am

Dear Board

I recently purchased and installed cutviewer. The program installed without issue; i.e. The program comes up that this program is licensed to my; emailaddress.com with my name presented below.

I was able to load a single .nc file and was presented with an image. "Ran" cutview which worked as advertised. Subsequent attempts to run cutviewer have allowed entry of gcode without an image being displayed. Any advice sincerely appreciated. Thank you. Merry Christmas

Jerry
mofosheee

Re: Trying to get Cutviewer to operate

Postby Randy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi Jerry, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for the late reply but I was busy with kids visiting for the holidays. The only time I have had CutViewer not show the picture, is when there was no tool or stock defined. If I do give CutViwer gcode without tool or stock being defined, it does ask for on-the-fly definitions. But if you plow through and skip the definitions, it will still show the toolpath itself just as lines. Are you seeing that?

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Postby mofosheee » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Thank you for responding, I worked it out. Happy New Year

Jery
mofosheee

Postby ruzzie » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:49 am

Hi
I am having the same "no stock showing" problem. How did you fix it Jerry?
I installed a demo on another machine and it works fine,so I know the code works.
I think it happened after I installed a newer version, I have tried to uninstall it but it must leave some files lurking in the background as it still shows my user name when I reinstall it.
On another issue what causes a "Floating Endpoint Error".

cheers
Paul
ruzzie

Postby Randy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:03 am

Hi Paul, and welcome to the forum. It is probably not the same thing, but sometimes CutViewer will lock up on me if I start running a gcode with top view showing. I need to use Task Manager to kill it (I'm using Win XP 64-bit). If I restart it and choose ortho view before running the gcode, it will work fine. I can pause early in the gcode, switch to top view (which renders a lot faster) and the run will complete successfully.

Randy
All opinions in this post are mine alone. I am not a MeshCAM employee, I do not have a financial interest in MeshCAM, nor do I speak for MeshCAM. MeshCAM user since Beta 5 in 2003. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15333 :ugeek:
Randy

Return to General